Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

The Tale of the Three Brothers - Drama (repost from my class' blog hiwegobythenameof13sb.blogspot.com)

SCENE 1
Three brothers were travelling along a lonely, winding road at twilight. The oldest brother was a combative man, the second brother was an arrogant, and youngest brother was the humblest and also the wisest of the brothers. In time, the brothers reached a river.
[the three brothers stand on the river bank]
The Second        : Well, it’s too dangerous to swim. I don’t think we can swim across to the other side.
The Youngest    : And it’s too deep to wade through. I’ve heard so many people died in this river. Especially Muggles.
The Eldest           : Are you both idiots? We’re wizards. We just have to wave our wands and made a bridge. Don’t be such a fool like Muggles.
[The three brothers waved their wands and made a bridge appear across the treacherous water]
[enters the Death, blocking the three brothers’ path on the bridge]
Death                    : [smirks] Congratulations the three of you! No one ever made it to cross the river. You have used your magic well, my friends. Each of you had earned a prize for having been clever enough to evade me. You can ask for anything.
The Eldest           : [answers with raised chin] I want a wand more powerful than any in existence. A wand that must always win duels for its owner, a wand worthy of a wizard who had conquered Death!
[Death crossed to an elder tree on the banks of the river and fashioned a wand from a branch that hung there]
Death                    : [handing the wand] This wand is the most powerful in the world. No witch or wizard can beat you with this wand. With this wand, you’ll become the greatest wizard ever exist! [to the second brother] what do you want for your prize?
The second         : [answers in arrogant voice] What I want is the power to recall others from Death!
Death                    : [picks up a stone from the riverbank and give it to the second brother] this stone would have the power to bring back the dead. With this stone, you can even resurrect yourself and you’ll become immortal. [to the third brother] and how about you? What do you want for your prize?
The youngest    :  [answers wisely] I want for something that would enable me to go forth from that place without being followed by you.
Death                    : [unwillingly handed over his own Cloak of Invisibility] I give you The Cloak of Invisibility. With this cloak, nobody will be able to see you. Not even myself.
[the Death stood aside]
[the three brothers exit]
[light slowly goes off]

SCENE 2
[light slowly goes on]
[the Eldest Brother enters an inn in a village, looking for his opponent wizard] [spotlight on both the opponent and the Eldest Brother]
The Eldest           : You! [pointing at his opponent wizard] you may had defeated me that day, but now I will defeat you with this wand. Come! Take your wand and fight me! [his wand already in his hand, ready for a duel]
The opponent   : As you wish then! [takes his wand out]
The Eldest and
the opponent   : [both shouting] EXPELLIARMUS!
[the opponent’s wand falls]
The Eldest           : AVADA KEDAVRA!
[the opponent wizard falls hardly to the floor, does not move] [spotlight focuses on the Eldest]
The Eldest           : [boasting loudly to the audience as the crowd] You see? You see how powerful my wand is? This Elder Wand is the most powerful wand that ever exists! I snatched it from the Death himself. With this wand, I am the greatest wizard. No one can and no one will defeat me! I am the most invincible wizard! Hah! Anyone wants to try fighting me? Anyone? Well, that’s a good choice because no one will have a chance to defeat me.
[the Eldest Brother goes to his room and goes to sleep]
[another wizard enters his room and creeps upon the oldest brother as he sleep] [The thief took the wand and slit the oldest brother’s throat.]
[enters the Death and takes the Eldest Brother]
[exits all and light slowly goes off]

SCENE 3
[light slowly goes on]
[The second brother enters his own home, takes out the stone and turned it thrice in his hand[spotlight on the Second Brother]
[enters the Woman, spotlight on both the Second Brother and the Woman]
The second         : [amazed and delighted] oh, my beautiful lady! You’re alive! Oh, how I missed you, my dear… finally we can be together again. I can have you again, my love. [tries to reach and hold his lover’s hand] my dear, why I can’t hold your hand?
The woman        : [standing out of the Second Brother’s reach] I’m dead, my dear. I don’t truly belong in the mortal world anymore. We can’t be together. We’re in different worlds…[crying]
The second         : no… please don’t leave me again, my love. Please… [crying in agony]
[the spotlight slowly leaves the Woman, focuses on the Second Brother] [the Woman exits]
The second         : no… I can’t live without you… [kneeling and crying in agony] no… I have to be with her. I have no reason to live in this world anymore
[the second brother gets on a chair and hangs himself]
[enters the Death and takes the Eldest Brother]
[exits all and light slowly goes off]

SCENE 4
[light slowly goes on] [enters the Death, spotlight on him]
Death                    : [wandering around the stage] where is he? Where is the Youngest? He must be hiding under the Cloak. Oh, I can’t find him for years. How can I take him as mine?  He seems impossible to find.
[enters the Youngest Brother, spotlight on him too as he takes off the Cloak]
The Youngest    : [smiling] hello, my dear old friend. Finally we meet again. I am now old and have done so many things as long as I live. This is the time for me to join you. But I have to say something to my son before I leave. May I?
Death                    : Of course.
The Youngest    : [to his son] my dear son, I give to you this Cloak of Invisibility. Please use it wisely.
The son                : [accepts the Cloak, looks up to his father’s eyes] where are you going, dad? What is this Cloak for?
The Youngest    : I’m going to a better place, son. I’m going with my dear old friend. This Cloak of Invisibility will help you to finish your business, like I did all this time. Promise me you’ll use it wisely, only for good things. Not for doing any crime.
The son                : I promise, dad. [holds his father’s hand] but why you have to leave? Don’t you still have any things to do? Can’t you stay longer with me?
The Youngest    : [smiling, strokes his son’s head] I have no more reason to stay, dear son. I have finished all of my business in this world, including accompanying you to grow up. And you’ve grown up well. Don’t worry. We’ll meet again in time. We’ll be together again in a better place, son. [to the Death] shall we?
Death                    : Come, my friend.
[the Youngest Brother smiles and waves his hand to his son and the audience]
[both of the Youngest Brother and the Death exit, spotlight on them and slowly goes off]

Adapted from “The Tales of Beedle the Bard” by J.K. Rowling


Vidiarsi

You May Also Like

0 komentar